The stories of the heroines of Marta Abramowicz’s reportage „Nuns Leave in Silence” are the starting point of the performance. They become a bridge between observation of the actresses’ performance and the personal opinion the actresses have of the characters they interpret. The main subject of the play is the calling, understood both in the context of the sacred and the profane, through service to God, and ending on the mission and the ethos of the actor.
During the performance, the audience will witness creation of an emotional bond between women who are initially strangers; the actress and the character she interprets. The performance raises questions about the essence of identity, metaphysics and the widely understood humanism. Theatre is an ideal place for analysis of a topic combining reality with fiction, spirituality with secularity, performance with a reportage.
The play is performed as part of the 1st edition of the Modelatornia competition. Both the subject matter and the form, above all based on the actresses’ search, amazed the judges of the Competition, who unanimously decided to distinguish the project of Daria Kopiec and Martyna Lechman.
75 minutes (no break)
- 2nd Actor's Award for Joanna Sokołowska at V Festival of Debutants „First Contact” in Toruń, for a moving role created using subtle, nuanced means of expression
- 2nd Actor's Award for Natalia Czekała at V Festival of Debutants „First Contact” in Toruń, for creating a distinctive character and for extraordinary music being created live, which largely determined the shape of the performance
- „Golden Masks 2018" Artistic Awards: Best Performance, Best Music for Natalia Czekała and Best Script for Martyna Lechman
- Distinction for Karolina Kuklinska at 1st Festival „Freedom Scene” in Słupsk
- Konrad's Laurel - Main Award, Audience Award, Journalists' Award at XIX National Festival of Directing Art „Interpretations” in Katowice
- Main Award and Audience Award at 9th Koszalin Youth Confrontations „m-teatr”
- Best Female Role, Best Music, Best Debut distinctions in „The Best 2018” ranking of „Theatre” Magazine
Natalia Czekała (as a guest)
Joanna Sokołowska (as a guest)
Małgorzata Mikołajczak (as a guest)
10th November 2017, MODELATORNIA STAGE
THE MEDIA ABOUT PERFORMANCE
This play of Jan Kochanowski Theatre is a very important voice that proves that women have a lot to tell in the discussion of believing Catholics. They’re no more afraid of saying their opinions out loud although still decide to leave a convent. Thanks to this kind of plays this silence won’t last for a long time.
Wojciech Giczkowski, Teatr dla Was
Co-financed by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage and the budget of the Opolskie Voivodeship